Finally got around to starting the Dutchman’s Puzzle quilt. I took the makings of the first block to craft group on Monday, and now have one of the35 blocks I will need. The colours don’t show up very well, hopefully the next progress picture will rectify that. biggest lesson learned this week – using the size 10 milliners needles and Bottom line thread that were recommended to me makes the stitching so much better, but the needles are difficult to thread in electric light. I fixed that by pre-threading a bunch of needles in the daytime, so I have enough to keep me going through the evening 🙂
I picked up a bargain this morning, too. Popped into town for a special birthday and, and whilst I was in the shop spied these three little lovelies – just 4.5″, 5.5″ & 6.5″ Ideal for dressing and keeping in my bag for emergencies, and only £1.50 for the three!