Having been pleased with myself for making socks each month of the new year ready for our trip to the battlefields in April, I’ve been duly miffed that I didn’t check the content of one of the balls of yarn in my stash before I started knitting! After a couple of careful washes, one pair is well and truly felted😟. Fortunately they were one of the pairs that I’d used an afterthought heel, and after a bit of patient frogging this morning I ended up with a decent pair of toes and heels.
It then just needed a couple of minutes of straightforward winding and I have enough yarn left for either another set of heels, or a couple of mitred squares for the never ending blanket!
Lesson learned, check before you knit next time!