A little past half way through the year, this week I decided to revisit my 2015 ‘to do’ list.
I know when I start these lists that I won’t succeed in crossing everything off within the year, partly because I always add on so many other things which I hadn’t anticipated when the list was written.
So far this year, I’m doing well. Several things are completed, and ongoing projects coming along nicely. One thing I hadn’t made any progress with was to ‘revive the sock blankie’.
I started this project probably a little over two years ago, then other things took over and it went. Into hibernation.
Checking what I already had done, it amounted to about thirty mitred squares. A quick trip to the blog that started me off, so that I could check what size needles I should be using (doh!) made me decide to give myself a link for the pattern, joining instructions etc. In my usual impatient fashion, I had never read the joining instructions before. Good job I did now, though, because the squares are joined as you go along, rather than all stitched up at the end as I had assumed. It turns l,it that thirty seems to be a good number for the short side of the blanket, so I could start the next part of the process 😉